Sunday, April 29, 2012

In The Garden

My vege garden motors along quietly; a little rain does wonders. I haven't planted much lately, only lettuce and spinach for the chooks.




The broccoli didn't recover from the caterpillar attacks but I left it to grow and will either compost or feed it.


The hay bales around the worm compost patch have weathered away and sunk. Underneath is a beautiful mix of hay and dirt and so much insect life. The one bale I covered with a hessian bag (bottom left) is still quite intact and I sit on it when I fold the other bags back to feed the worms. If I tread on the other bales my foot goes straight through.


I still haven't eaten any of these but they're so pretty to grow.


A rosella plant has self-seeded from the four I grew last year. They're pretty in the garden too and the goats love them.




A self-seeded pumpkin.




One of Gibbo's large white wyandottes that lives over my side; she has three mates and they all live with my four biggest plymouth rock "chickens". They can't wait to be let out each morning - they go racing along the path and into the wide open lawns of the main garden.

No comments: