Sunday, April 22, 2012

Food - and plenty of it

For someone who only eats to stay alive, I tend to play with food a lot. I cooked chicken soup during the week (recipe from the internet) and was slightly disappointed with it. I have decided that I am a pea and ham or pumpkin soup girl; I remember the chicken soup of my childhood, swimming with chooks feet, gizzards and hearts; it was an incredibly good concoction, made better by being left on the stovetop and being added to each day. That's the only chicken soup for me. The two containers of soup that I froze will have to be Gibbo's dinner at some stage.



On Friday I cooked two lots of corned meat and a chuck roast for cold meat for a salad lunch at the big cricket match held on Saturday.

I am feeding 11 for morning tea and lunch tomorrow; people are coming from east and west to partake in a bit of "onboarding" - don't ask. I cooked my regular fare - the ever dependable and always popular carrot cake as well as my "throw it all in and see what happens" quiche. Lunch will be "make it yourself" ham or chicken rolls; everything is cut up and in containers in the fridge (lettuce, tomato, grated cheese and carrot, cucumber, ham and chicken). I could have done with Meg's Tefal today - I detest grating carrot - and between the cake, quiche and sandwich fillings I had to grate 6 big fat ones.






I made full use of the kitchen bench.







No comments: