Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hello

Another week has disappeared from my life; where did that one go? Meg went back to Tba on Easter Monday; Drew had the week at home. He spent the time sleeping, watching tv and catching up with friends; he didn't spend much time on his comu assignment. Gibbo and I took him back to College on Friday - it was our local show holiday. On the way back I hopped in with Meg and travelled home with her. We cooked - another marble cake and some mini quiches for morning tea on Saturday.

We were up early choosing chooks to put in the Show. We got a couple of firsts and seconds but no ribbons this time. I have to decide if I want to show my girls this year; if so, I need to put a show team together and give them some attention; if not, then that's ok. I'll just breed a few and sell a few and make some pocket money.

The Tba rellies came out and checked out the chooks, had a few rides and some lunch and a cup of tea and cake/quiches off the tailgate of the car - a typical country scenario. The colourful marble cake was a big hit with everyone, especially the kiddies.

We had visitors on Monday; a professional photographer has been engaged to produce beautiful pics for more glossy brochures. I followed the co-ordinator's instructions to pick the team up at J airstrip and sat there for 10 mins, only to receive a phone message calling me back to base. The pilot had neglected to liaise with J staff and so re-directed to Dalby - so I drove back in there and picked them up. Talk about efficient. Not.

G left for Bris Monday afternoon to attend a dinner meeting then Ops meeting on Tues. Then he caught a flight to Emerald to spend a few days catching up with his CQ team.

I don't eat very well when he's away. I don't always eat very well when he's home either. Monday night I had a boxed thai red curry; last night I had chicken soup (made in the slow cooker); at midnight I had grain waves, sweet biscuits and a drink of milk; tonight I had a chicken kiev with tomato and cheese. I only eat to stay alive; if you don't eat, you die. I only wear clothes to ensure I don't get around naked; I'm not much of a fashion follower either.

It rained last night. Apart from near deafness (and the incessant, constant sound of blood pumping around my body), one of the most disappointing side effects of having otosclerosis in my left ear is that I can't hear the rain on the corrugated iron roof. I only know it's raining when I look out the window :(

Meg continues to play netball; her team is yet to win a game but they have fun. Her soccer career was short-lived! She hated it! I knew she would; I SO knew she would. She said it was horrible. She spent the whole game hoping the ball wouldn't come near her. She said it was awful. I laughed and laughed!!!!

The cruise is only 3 weeks away from this Saturday! It's come around quickly. There's a lot to get through before then.

On the new farm front, finance is approved. Now we're on the road to settlement - come May 28 it will be ours!

Goodnight.

No comments: