Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's 24 Years Today Since I Flew to England...

and here I am about to do it again although under slightly different circumstances (and something about a lot of water and a bridge).

In an uncanny turn of events I turned my iPad on this morning and received a message from the only person I really struck a chord with on that trip; a girl from Canada that I met in a youth hostel in Colchester, where I'd stayed when tracking down the pub where my grandfather was (allegedly) born. She and I kept in touch for a few years following that but we'd lost touch. Last night when sitting on the couch, thinking about my trip, she popped into my head - so I facebooked her and there she was. I sent her a message and received one back today. Weird.

Then it got me thinking about contacting another girl who had roomed next door to me at Milton House in 1980; we had also got along really well and wrote to each other for years but then lost contact. I think I found her on fb but am yet to hear back. That would be really cool to find Susie.

We had 80 points overnight; great for the house garden :).

Chris arrived late last night; he drove up in his new second-hand car. Drew worked the early shift in town and has gone to Twba for the weekend for his friend F's birthday - Hogs Breath Cafe tonight, movies and Sunday shopping tomorrow.

No comments: