Monday, July 19, 2010

AAARRRGGGHHH

Scream, Scream. There is no paper run any more - it has been cancelled. The papers will now come with the mail on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sob. What's the point of getting a newspaper the day AFTER it's published - or even two days later for Saturday's. I loooove my paper in the mornings and late at night. I don't feel like my day is finished unless I've read, or even flicked through, the paper.

I thought it was unusual when the paper wasn't at its' usual drop off point on Saturday morning but I just thought that maybe the paper man was sick. Then this morning it wasn't there again and I immediately jumped to the conclusion that someone was helping themselves to my paper - MY paper (that's how rational I am (not) when it comes to my paper. So I rang the local newsagency - to be told that my section of the paper run (ie the gravel section) had been cancelled and that they would only be driving from Town A to Town B on the bitumen road from now on. I was also advised that my papers would now be delivered with the feedlot mail. Well thanks very much for ringing me and a) letting me know of the change and b) asking me if the new method of delivery was acceptable and did I wish to continue receiving the papers. I thought that this was appalling customer service considering a) it's a relatively small town b) I've been having the papers delivered for 15 years and c) I know most of the people in the newsagency. I had no idea this was going to happen - they could have at least put a wrapper on one of the papers delivered last week to advise their clients of the impending changes. No-one gives a toss any more about customer service.

So the outcome is that I've cancelled the Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday papers and will continue to receive the Monday, Wednesday and Friday editions - at least they won't be old news by the time I get to them.

Lucky I've got an ipad hey?

No comments: