Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snowed Under in the Middle of Summer

Well we're back from our holiday - it almost feels like we didn't even go away! I'm desperately trying to catch up at work but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I feel quite overwhelmed by it all.

Then I start to think about what's left to decide/prepare/purchase for Christmas, both presents and lunch. Then I think about Boxing Day and what's in store when Gibbo's family arrive and my eyes glaze over and my brain goes all fuzzy. I love to have them come and they're honestly no trouble as everyone is very good at helping and pitching in and they're so good at doing the whole family festive thing but, at this stage of the organising when things are all still a bit up in the air, I feel overwhelmed about that too even though I know it's all going to work out perfectly and we'll have a great time together. (Longest sentence on blog to date).

Then I start to think about what needs doing in the garden and there I go again - brain is fuzzy, eyes are glazed. Which bit should I start on first. The replanting or the fertilising or the mulching; or maybe it's the moving of five hoses four times a day that has lost any gloss it might have once had (although the yard is looking particularly good).

However, in spite of what might sound like whining, I am very aware that I have a lot to be thankful for. It's just that I'm too tired right now to write it all down so I'm just going to get into my lovely bed and think about it all.

Goodnight.

No comments: