Monday, December 28, 2009

Boxing Day and Beyond






It's Day 3 of our 6 day family hosting holiday; everything has run smoothly; everyone has been fed and watered. Activities include numerous card games, croquet, swimming, tennis and volleyball. We've had extra visitors, some came for a meal, some just came to say hello. I haven't really seen Gibbo except at meal-times!

I've been to Andrew's each day to let his dogs out for a run. Yesterday I took Megan's rubiks cube with me and amused myself with that while the dogs unwound. After five minutes they all came and sat with me and proceeded to lick my shoes, arms and hands.

I've been reading too. I finally started Sahara, the book by Paula Constant, about her walking journey across the Sahara with camels; I'm continuing to read Permaculture in the Home Garden by Linda Woodrow and I'm flicking through the Lonely Planet's Tramping in New Zealand that Megan gave me.

Finding time to blog discreetly has been a challenge with 20 extra people in the house.
This is Jazz, one of Tilly's daughters from her first litter.



Camp Aronui



No comments: