Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well here it is - an hour away from midnight and Christmas Day. It's been a big few weeks. Last Sunday we went to Twba for lunch with Gibbo's family.

Monday we hosted breakfast for the new ceo of our company and one of the directors. After a tour, they (and Gibbo) flew to CQ for a couple of days inspecting the properties up there.

Tuesday, Meg and I did the Christmas food shopping after I had an early dentist appointment for a filling. I sat in the chair, the dentist tapped the problem tooth and told me that the tooth was so dead I wouldn't need a needle. I whimpered - and put claw marks in the arms of the chair. However, he was right; it was the tooth that had had root canal work and I didn't feel a thing; it was all over in 15 minutes. The most painful part was the $125 at reception on the way out.

Wednesday we had a get together at work at the end of the day; a few beers, prawns, wraps, chicken wings and nibblies. Gibbo arrived home from CQ just as we were finishing up.

Thursday I cooked the sticky date puddings and marinated the chicken wings then went to town where Meg and I did the Boxing Day and Beyond food shopping. We picked Mum up then came home; I went to work until 4. When I got home, Meg was in the pool and Mum and Drew were sitting on the swing; so I sat there with them for a while until Gibbo came home and got in the pool as well. He and Megan had a handstand competition in the pool which Gibbo lost badly. Then I boiled the eggs for the traditional MaMa's Stuffed Eggs, made the mini quiches and cooked the piece of pork.

The W's came for dinner and brought it with them. K had made chicken and corn soup and the ten of us crammed in around the table and tucked in. It was delicious and good to see them again.

Now I'm trying to catch up on lots of posting that I've missed. Everyone has gone to bed so I've now got the time but I don't think I can stay awake to write everything up. I've set the photos up but that might be all I get done tonight.

I'm tired and melancholy; almost a permanent state of being for me lately (and not so lately too). I need to find my zing and spark that I lost so long ago I can hardly remember having it. I think I used to have it but where it went? I don't know.

So Merry Christmas to anyone who happens to read this - I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family. Take Care and love each other.

No comments: