Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Gibbo's in Cyberspace

I finished my website design course last week. My last lesson was on Tuesday afternoon but I went back on Wednesday night to put the finishing touches to it. I sent a text to the kids to get them to test it on their computers and got the all clear. I have so enjoyed this whole exercise and I’m very happy with the finished product. You can find it here –
It’s been a real creative outlet for me and I’ve got such a buzz out of going to the computer room every Tuesday afternoon for 3 hours and just losing myself. Playing with photo composition and placement, words, design, symmetry - it's what I love to do; and seeing my special people on the screen makes me smile. I’ve really liked the learning process and coming to understand, even in a small way, how a website works. Like most things, it’s easy when you know how.

My next project is Drawing Classes………I start after Easter. This will certainly be a challenge, for both me and the teacher. I told her that I can only draw stick figures – she assured me that, between us, we could get some flesh on those stick figures. I’m not so sure but I’m looking forward to having a go.

No comments: