Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Wrap Up

So we had a great weekend. Friday was spent cooking and gardening, eating, playing poker and cutting out maps. Saturday, Gib went to a poultry auction and came home with some wyandottes and leghorns for himself and two black silkies for me. The rest of us went to town and did a bit of shopping. It rained again Saturday afternoon. We had friends over for dinner and (more) poker. Megs and I wrote her resume and letter for a new job (same work, different location, higher position). Sunday came and went with more cooking, wood splitting, gardening and eating. We had sushi for dinner. I really need to work on my sushi technique. It tastes good but I need to pay more attention to rolling it round like a circle, not round like a square.Monday disappeared quickly. Drew went to the movies. We did a run through outside of where the bar, bbq's, tables etc will be set up for the party. I finally came to the realisation that this thing of mammoth proportions is really happening; up until now it hasn't really been fixed in the front of my brain - it's just been floating around at the back in a haze. Now that it's locked in I've also realised that it's going to cost twice as much as what I (hadn't really) thought. I had a figure of what I hoped it would cost but that barely covered the grog let alone the 23kg of wagyu steaks. I have readjusted my expectation upwards and have allocated the money, both in my head and in cell F8, so I'm cool with it now.

The weekend was over all too soon and Meg and Chris headed back about 3 o'clock. It rained again Monday night, beautiful soaking rain, gentle on the roof; Drew and I went outside and sat watching it for a while.

No comments: