Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy Weekend

Another busy weekend disappeared. Gibbo played over 40's cricket on Saturday; I spent hours in the garden again, re-potting, spraying, planting and trimming; Drew mowed again. The autumn days are magnificent and the garden is a real delight to be out in. It's very peaceful and calming - I just wish it wasn't quite so big. We went out for dinner with friends and we cleaned up over at the chook pens. We got a first place with a black pekin rooster at the local show; the two silkies we entered didn't win a card.
I thought this was funny when I read it in the paper last week. I've been thinking lately how Drew doesn't seem to care too much if his hair is untidy and messy - he used to be very particular about how it looked - but after reading this article I now realise that the whole aim is for it to intentionally look messy. It was a lightbulb moment for me and I think I can officially say that, in the hair department at least, he's a stereotypical teenager!


No comments: