Monday, August 12, 2013

The Great Woodlawn Bakeoff

Well it wasn't really a bake-off; there was just lots of baking/cooking. Meg is an enthusiastic cook - much more enthusiastic than her mother. Gibbo thought it was all pretty fantastic to have all this delicious food in the house.

In no particular order, here's some pics of what we made - quiche, pork and prawn wontons, butter chicken, choc chip cookies, pancakes and chicken, leek and mushroom pie.






We first made these at the Thai Cooking School. G loved them!








Butter Chicken. We had this for tea on Saturday night and Meg took the leftovers back to T with her to freeze into lunch sized packs. Gibbo was disappointed.


Pancakes for Sunday morning breakfast with butter and raw honey and cappucinos.




Choc chip cookies.




Chicken Leek Mushroom and Bacon pie.














What a Sunday lunch! A big chunk of pie with a garden salad. Delicious.


I'm feeling a little inspired by Meg's enthusiasm. I hope it lasts more than a week. Gibbo does too!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Oh yum! I look forward to my girls being Meg's age.
I think I'll have to google a pork/prawn wonton recipe and also the pie.
Good work Meg.