Saturday, August 24, 2013

In Other News

Winter returned to remind us not to become complacent; there's a sting in the tail yet. We had three nasty frosts and had to relight the fire.

Gibbo spent three days in NSW and VIC and arrived home late last night after the drive home from Bris.

I went to two protest meetings during the week; nearly 51 years of living and I end up going to two in one week. A recently conducted flood study has painted the majority of the town red (not in a good way) and enraged many of the locals. The community is rallying to have the flood study report and its subsequent proposed new planning/development rules overturned or at least postponed until a review of the study is conducted. (Actually when I think about it, I did attend a protest march when I was 18 but not because I wanted to protest anything. I went because my boyfriend at the time was a plain clothes chap in the special branch back in the Joh days. I just went along to see him).

Meg had her vaccinations and sent her passport away to have a visa added. It came back in record time. She leaves in less than a month, for a month. We're counting down.


Drew is applying for an internship with an NGO in Geneva, an opportunity that came via College and hopefully partly funded by the Uni.


My friend is coming back to see me (he just doesn't know it yet). I tried to buy tickets in the pre-sale allocation but missed out. Will try again in the public allocation. After not seeing him for 28 years would it be too much to ask to see him twice in 12 months?


This made for interesting reading this morning; 18,000hd, in 9 groups of 2,000, on a 2500km journey; epic alright. I read it to G as we drove home from town. When he was in the south last week he drove past the property where the girls are heading for.


My Dad's house has sold and he has bought another one; he moves in in about 3 weeks. I took him yesterday to transfer some money and I saw him again today at the local supermarket. He's starting to look frail and, dare I say it, old. It scared me a little.

No comments: