Monday, August 12, 2013

Marking out the Pig Pen

What name should we give the pigs when they arrive? We've got The Teenagers, The Scratchers, Pepper and The Marauders and The Four Leggers (Sooky La-La aka Coco, Poofy and Chloe). How about The Wallowers?

We marked out the new turkey/duck pens and the pig pens. Actually, we marked them out several times. Meg helped at first with her usual style.




If I'd known he was going to go half way to the Bunyas I'd have packed him a cut lunch.




OMG Megan, we LOST HIM!!!


No we didn't!! Here he comes! Phew.




After Meg left, G and I went back up and re-stepped the square....well I stepped while G mowed the track, ready for fencing. The grass was up to my shoulder in places. I hoped I wouldn't come across a cranky brown snake just out of hibernation, enjoying the hot day. The big square paddock will be cut in to 4 smaller paddocks and have a central housing unit, servicing all 4 enclosures. We're planning on getting a bit of a rotation thing happening.

No comments: