Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pottering

I've become very fond of these two little men. They're The Brothers, siblings of the girls I gave to Peter. Normally by now their combs would have been dubbed but I'm not showing them so I won't be doing any dubbing. They're cocky little things, interested in everything that I do and they mix well with the silkies.













The snow peas are growing bigger.


I collected fresh cow manure from the yards and made some cow poo tea.


I'll leave it sit for a while before diluting it to use. It should smell delightful in a few days.


I also collected some dirt from under the trough in the yards. The soil is magnificent and even though I only scratched the surface to collect a bucketful I found 13 worms that went straight to the garden.




I gave some of the soil to The Scratchers and built the rest up around the potatoes.


Final fixing of the new pen - The Teenagers and The Brothers will go in here now




We'll get our sheep dog shorn clipped at the vet in the next few weeks once we're sure the cold weather has gone. He looks a bit the same at both ends.




No comments: