Sunday, March 31, 2013

Deliverance

Drew likened Gibbo's poultry compound to the movie, Deliverance. Before I'd been up there to have a look for myself, I thought he was being overly dramatic. I don't now. In fact, I agree with him. G isn't worried about how it looks; he just wants his chooks safe. As he did load after load after load of pens and poultry, he just dropped everything off and went back for the next one. Now that everything and everyone is here, the work has started on building the security fence. A fox attack is inevitable and until the compound is secure, G can't sleep well at night. He loves his chooks.

Drew helped nearly all day, the two of them digging holes and cementing. Then they ran out of cement. Then it poured rain; 23mm.

Can you see why I insisted we agreed to site the compound a little way away from the house so that it's hidden from view. You can? Good.











No comments: