Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dear Husband and Children.....

Wish you were here to share in the unbelievable mess and dust created by pulling a few things out of a few cupboards (but I'm sure you're all quite happy where you are). Grandma and I are battling away, piece by piece. I think I've nearly worn her out; she is 75 after all, but she just keeps going and going. She has been a fantastic help and the sorting and packing up of the lounge room would have been a much more difficult job without her.

Here are some random pics, in no particular order, just so you know what you're missing out on.

The "new" floor.






I spent a quiet couple of hours on Sunday unpacking the linen/swags/camping gear/xmas decs and other random items. Due to lack of space I've had to utilise the high shelves in the kids built-ins. They both got a swag and sleeping bag each, plus their luggage. Meg got the xmas decs; Drew got the box of camping gear.























This was load 2 yesterday. Jude came to help; 3 trailer and car loads of furniture left.


Cleaning up my desk. Fabulous ponytail! I swung my head just as Grandma took the photo.




Books for Vinnies/Lifeline. That's the fireplace where the parrot was trapped).


Slowly getting there; the lounge suite, glass cabinet, table and old lamp have gone, the books are sorted, the cd player cupboard has gone, my table is nearly bare; dust coats everything. I really need to work on my dusting skills (or at least acquire some to start with).


I'm not taking the bookcase with us; there's a built-in one at the new house; plus, it won't really fit anywhere. The glass front cabinet is for other things. The books are sorted into categories (but you'll be glad to hear that they're not in alphabetical order.......yet).


So my husband and babies, you can see what Grandma and I have been doing these past two days - and what we'll be doing for the next 4. Feel free to drop in any time!

I go back to work on Monday so I want to try to have nearly everything shifted by then. Once the lounge room is finished it only leaves our bedroom and the kitchen/pantry. Our bedroom cupboards are moved, sans drawers. They're sitting on the floor in our bedroom. I guess we'll get there. I just don't know when.

No comments: