Saturday, February 16, 2013

True Story

You wouldn't believe it. I was painting in the pantry; Joey came to me and said he was out of tiles. He was one tile short. No way. Yes. I went and had a look. We weren't ONE tile short - we were HALF A TILE short. Absolute true story....and there were 4 broken tiles in the boxes I picked up on Thursday!! So we bought another box of 16 (in case we ever need to match them in the future). Half a tile.


The final piece.


Here's the almost finished bathroom. What's left to do? Install the wash basin (in Twba being glossed up for an exorbitant fee); paint the bath; attach the spout for the bath; sand and paint the ceiling; wash the walls.






Painting the pantry. I was only going to paint the bottom three shelf walls but once I started I couldn't stop so went all the way to the ceiling (which had never been painted anyway).




We decided to use up the last of the mosaic on a feature row in the separate toilet...then had to go and buy 2 more sheets of the stuff. The white tiles look different in this photo but they're not; bottom half grouted, top half not - makes quite a difference. I'm searching for a free standing toilet roll holder. If I can't find one, I'll make one. Somehow.


The kids put another layer on Meg's wall; one more coat might just hide the mess left behind by the wallpaper glue.


Man and dog.


This is what happens to you when you have a big night out after finishing work. It makes you thirsty.


1 comment:

Fiona said...

Bathroom looks terrific Mare ... and yes I remember how thirsty Uni students can get!