Sunday, February 17, 2013

Meeting G

Drew and I went to town to meet the Italian exchange student that I am local co-ordinator for. We had coffee and cake with him and his host family. They are lovely people; G has a very quiet nature. We brought him home and went through his arrival orientation then Gibbo and I took him for a drive to the feedlot to see the many cattle; we went via the dump paddock and found a kookaburra and 2 kangaroos with joey; he liked those. Then we took him to the farm to show him around then back to his host family.

Drew and Meg put another coat on the worst wall in Meg's room. That's it now; no more. It is finished. We pulled off the plastic coverings. I did two more levels of the pantry with top coat. Three more to go. Drew put the colour on his window trim and his door trim.

Joey has finished and gone (except for when he comes back to fit the glossy basin). He has been an absolute machine and has done an amazing job over the last two weekends. No other tradesmen came near the place; he did it all himself. We have ended up with a beautiful brand new bathroom and toilet for a fraction of the cost that would have been charged if we had to pay commercial rates. Thanks Joey; we appreciate you and the work you have done very much.

Now I'm sitting on the couch. The cricket is on TV and the boys are watching Survivor on Drew's laptop. Meg is back in Twba (at the movies). I have submitted my report from today's visit with student G; now I'm about to do my 365 which is a couple of days behind.

Trying to work full-time and work at the new house has thrown our daily routine into disarray. I don't like disarray. It upsets my keel. This week will be full on at work; Drew will pack up his room here and head back to College next weekend. Next time he comes home he won't come here - he'll be coming home to the farm! I hope to start packing up some gear this week, ready to start moving on the weekend of March 2/3 (as long as the sanding man doesn't postpone again).

No comments: