Thursday, February 14, 2013

Away

With Gibbo away I had a handsome substitute as a dinner companion (the guy in the foreground that is)!




Drew had pork belly and veges; I had thai beef salad (with extra beef); we shared chips and gravy and had no room for the fruit salad dessert.






I think a couple of these would look just right in the lounge room at the farm. The price might not be right though. A couple of wagyu cows I think?


I went to the farm this morning to check the water and cows; while I was there I painted another wall in the pantry. Now that I've started I think I might need to do the whole thing instead of just 3 shelves. I then went to work for a couple of hours to get on top of things in readiness for next week's onslaught of new budgets (new financial year again) along with January monthly reports and February end of month on the 24th. Drew and I spent the afternoon in town. I paid for the tiles (and picked up some more). We bought more supplies from the hardware store.What a money pit that department is; there seems to be no end to the bits and pieces that we need. We shopped for Drew's return to Uni. Then I had coffee with Kat and a few other girls for her birthday. Then Drewy and I had dinner, came home, locked up the chooks and checked the goats. We no longer have to hold Pepper down for the kids to get a drink from the troublesome teat. She/they must have got the message last night as I cursed them in the misty rain; this morning when I went over to them the teat was sucked out, same as tonight. Sometimes swearing at something does work.

I finally finished the 2012 tax last night and dropped it to the accountant today. It took me 7 months to get around to doing about 4 hours work to finalise the year. Duh. Every year I say it will be different but it never is (except this year IT WILL BE!!!!!!!)!

Our deadline is approaching. I look around and wonder how we're ever going to move all this stuff. In 4 weeks we have to be out of here. Gasp.


No comments: