Saturday, January 19, 2013

Follow the Instructions

I didn't work yesterday; instead I went to the farm via the little local cafe where I enjoyed a peaceful half hour drinking coffee, eating a beautiful home made jam drop and half a salad sandwich.

When the instructions say to remove the painters tape within 24-48 hours it's a good idea to listen. Don't leave it for a couple of weeks like we did. It took me 3 hours to remove this pile. By the time I was 2/3 of the way through I 'd worked out a system to make it easier.


Removing painters tape is not a job to be carried out by a perfectionist. Whilst the perfectionist might scrupulously remove every tiny piece of tape she might also be horrified at what lies beneath - the, in some instances, haphazard way that the tape was applied in the first place - leading to rather a lot of overlapping, missed or glaring (in her mind) strips that need re-touching. Be calm.

Meg's room continues to challenge. The latest (and to date, best) attempt involves lots of moisture and a diamond blade tool. It's working but it's very slow progress. Rome etc.....


Last night I went to a surprise 50th birthday party for a girl I've known for 45 years!! Gibbo came and picked me up afterwards - he had to sit in the car and wait for a little while before I was ready to leave (and he kept texting me). He owes me about another 500 nights like this - where I've waited patiently and sweetly (:-) in the car for him.


No comments: