Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh Dear!

I've just downloaded 1800 photos from our travels! How on earth can I expect to cull them into a decent number so as not to totally clog up a) my portable hard drive and b) blogger.com! I've broken the trip up into rough categories and thought perhaps I'd just choose the best 5 or so from each but with 25 categories so far (and climbing) I'm not sure that's the right way to do it. I'll see how that plan goes anyway. Plus, I really did go overboard on some occasions, happily snapping away, knowing I could get rid of whatever isn't any good (and there's plenty of those!). Stay tuned. I'm going to slot them in amongst the emails as I go so as to break up the words and to make them more relevant. Then I'll maybe pick my 10 (?) favorites and publish them in one post on their own.

I'm having a terrible time re-adjusting to Aronui time. I had a sleep yesterday afternoon but then didn't go to bed until 3.30 this morning and got up at 8; and I'm not at all tired now so I might be up half the night again. I hope it all rights itself soon.

Drew has gone to town to work behind the bar at Mary's tonight for the super draw. They asked him to work tomorrow night as well, in the beer garden bar, for a fundraiser. The pub has been sold and the new owner asked him and Bree to work. He has his regular shift tomorrow afternoon as well so he's juggling a bit at the moment.

Meg is moving from the blue/yellow room into the pink room. I dare not venture up the hallway; just standing at this end of it is enough to give me a fright. She's discovered that both bathrooms are leaking again; an ongoing problem since the house was built in the 80's and a near impossible one to fix despite numerous attempts over the last 30 years. We had the ensuite bathroom retiled a little while ago and thought the problem might have been fixed - but obviously not.

It rained and rained last night and most of today; glorious on the vege garden (which looks fantastic still) and the real garden (which is looking sadly neglected still). The six Barnevelder chicks are growing strong; Peach the kid has doubled in size and Pepper is looking poor. Coco is devoted to Megan and Poofy - well he's just happy to be here. And did I mention Millie - she deserves a post of her own.

No comments: