Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Neat Little Jug

I have a bit of a thing for jugs; I especially like the shape of the spout and handle and body (which is actually the whole jug isn't it!). If I was to go around the house and hunt out all the jugs there'd be quite a little collection.

Last night we went a couple of kms down the road to have pizzas and beer with some friends who have sold their acreage and are moving to town. They were laying out their surplus belongings in the garage in readiness for a garage sale this morning. Barb walked in with this lovely little jug; it's crackled and aged and discoloured from housing many a bunch of flowers but it's right up my alley. It belonged to her grandmother and is numbered on the base. I wanted to buy it but she insisted on giving it to me, knowing that it was going to a good home and would be treasured. We actually did pay for a couple of other items, including the badminton set that Gibbo played with all night against young Adam.

No comments: