Monday, March 8, 2010

After the Rain...

the weirdest little things emerge. Overkill on the number of photos but I couldn't choose. Pity about the nasty little black spot on the camera mirror.










Gibbo ate these for lunch, after I'd photographed them a hundred times (well, maybe 7 or 8 times). They smelt delicious and took me back to the Greenbank days when we'd all head off to the sheep yards with a colander and bone handled butter knife to see who could a) find the biggest mushroom and b) find the most; then we'd eat them cooked in lots of butter. It was so exciting back then and I smiled as I sniffed these ones today - you can never forget the smell of a REALLY GOOD MUSHROOM.



This little sucker is one of the pests that decimates the white cedar trees.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Beautiful photos.
What's your camera?