Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Quiet Week

Gibbo left on a CQ and Western run on Tuesday morning. With Meg gone to NSW, the house was quiet with just Drew and me in it. We had chicken for dinner three nights in a row (butter chicken, chicken kiev and chicken penne)! No beef passed our lips! How terrible!

Drew went riding and walking every day. I met him on the airstrip on Wednesday afternoon and sat down and waited for him. It was too hot to walk. We went to town Thursday afternoon and bought a new school backpack and new sandshoes.

I watched Come Dine With Me every night and became hooked. I also watched the reno shows on the Lifestyle channels and fell asleep on the couch with Coco.

We took Woofy back to the vet on Friday morning. He has been driven mad with itch from his castration op and his ears are still hurting too. The poor animal was beside himself; it appears he developed "clipper rash" from being shaved for the op. I now have some cream to apply to his scrotum and surrounding area 5-7 times a day along with still cleaning his ears out and dropping cream into them. If it's not one end it's the other but at least his frustration is relieved. The vet called him a SNAP - a "sensitive new age poodle" which I think is vet speak for "sook".

I took Drew to town Friday lunch time for Leadership Camp. All the captains, prefects and SRC's are spending the weekend at The Bunya's, planning the year ahead. He was excited and looking forward to it. Here we go; the year I've dreaded for so long is about to start. Every day brings me one step closer to the end. What then? Who knows?

Meg just rang from Tamworth; a busker was playing Bruce's "Dancing in the Dark". It brought tears to my eyes. She also rang ten minutes ago to tell me about the dream she had last night - that I was pregnant with twin girls. "That's not a dream Megan, that's a nightmare"!!!!

So today is a weird day, just Gibbo and me at home. This is what it will be like every day soon enough. He is going to play tennis at the regular Australia Day tournament, although the format is different this year as two of the country team can't play. Last year I rode my bike to town for it, but it's just way too hot to do that today - plus I haven't been on the bike for a few months. I think I'll just drop him off, do the shopping, bring it home and then go back in tonight and pick him up.

No comments: