Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lazy Sundays

I woke and, as always, listened to the ABC news. Very comforting and very much part of my morning ritual, either at 5am or 6 (and sometimes 4).

Now that the steady stream of people through my house has stopped I was faced with a day in which there was nothing more to do than feed my chooks. Absolute bliss. I grabbed my book and snuck into Megan's bed and read until I fell back to sleep.

After breakfast, I read some more until I finally finished my camel book. I totally loved reading it and became immersed in it but was constantly annoyed/frustrated at the actions of the author (smugly deduced, I know, from the comfort of my lounge room or bed, wherever I happened to be reading).

Meg is making her way back from NSW, the trip only interrupted by a quick detour to DFO. She then holed up in an undercover carpark and sat out a fierce storm before continuing on. She should be here soon:)

I've done nothing more today than read, drink tea and feed the silkies. When I went out, I nearly melted. Today would have to be the hottest, muggiest day I've felt this summer. I don't usually perspire but after 20 minutes I was dripping. It showered heavily for a few minutes this morning and will surely bucket down again this afternoon. The atmosphere is thick and heavy; the clouds are dark grey and the sun is fierce.

I'm off for another cup of tea and to browse the New Zealand tramping book and dream of my own travels. Then I might have a little rest; when I wake up, Meg should nearly be here.

No comments: