Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year Dawns

Hello 2010. What do you have in store for me over the next 363 days?

The last of our visitors have left; after 8 days of hosting, I am on my own. The boys have gone to the movies; I had stuffed eggs and chicken for tea and I'm about to make a cup of tea and have one of these little beauties.



The DJ's came to stay yesterday, arriving just in time for lunch. It was really nice to have them here, to laugh and reminisce and catch up. I spent the afternoon cooking and talking to Rachel over our big wooden kitchen bench. I made stuffed eggs, mars bar slice (Andrew's favourite) and these little patty cakes, topped with farmyard animals. This little chick is the only one left. We had prawns and wagyu for tea, along with wombok salad and home-made rissoles. We also had some honey sticks, something that I think will become a staple part of our entertaining menu.

The kids (young and not so young) swam and swam. Today we chilled, watched a movie, talked lots more about our kids, finances and the future. They left about 5pm. Then a carload of people came to drop someone off after the local races. We talked outside for ages. Now, all is quiet - sshhh - hear the silence...

No comments: