Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I woke at 6am and couldn't go back to sleep, even on a Sunday.

Gibbo took a load of cull roosters away and I rearranged a few pens of silkies. I watched a bit of Lifestyle, fertilised part of the garden and had a swim. Meg rang and should be home next Thursday. Something to look forward to!

It's been a strange kind of day. I long for days where I don't have anything pressing to do but when I have one - I'm a bit lost, I don't know what to do with myself.

I was watching Nigella last night; she makes everything seem so easy and logical. I often think "I'll make that" but then I never remember what it was. I've been having a look on ebay for one of her books (or a Jamie O) so that I can make something a bit different for Christmas lunch.

After deciding that they weren't going to partake in Christmas with the family this year (as in they were going to boycott it) my father and older brother have had a change of mind, if not heart, and decided that they will spend the few hours with us.

We have a guest for dinner tonight, a friend travelling from central Qld to central NSW; we're about half-way on the journey.

We'll have our regular Sunday night dinner, braised steak, but I'll add some peas and mashed potato tonight. Normally we just have the steak and gravy and onion, just how we like it.

Off for another swim. It's very hot.

No comments: