Monday, November 30, 2009

The first school free day for this Summer brought a welcome relief from uniforms, lunches, homework gathering and the late run to the bus.

I went to the pool - and realised just as I took my t-shirt off that I'd left my towel at home on the bed. I did 21 laps today - the extra one was so that I ended up at the far end of the pool, meaning I had to walk the 50 metres or so back to my bag, trying to drip dry in the sunshine. I used my B2B t-shirt to dry myself and managed just fine. I worked my arms a bit harder today and can feel those muscles aching a little. As I'm not training for anything ie a triathlon it's nice just to go and swim and not think about my technique (or lack of) although I still count my strokes - that's a hard habit to break. I count everything actually, always in multiples of 8, my magical number.

I arrived at work after 10 (I had to go via home to move sprinklers and pick up my boots which I also forgot) and now I find myself still here. That's going to be something I need to watch - now that I don't have to collect Drew from the bus at 4pm I have to be careful I don't think "I'll just finish this before I go" and end up being here until 6pm. Gibbo is home preparing dinner, a wagyu roast.

I hope to swim every morning this week and then we go on our annual one week holiday at the GC. Megs will come this year and share a room with Drew so I hope that goes well, although I expect it won't. She got her official results today - 2 x 5's to go with the 6 and 7 she got in first semester. Graduation is December 17.

No comments: