Sunday, November 8, 2015

My Reading List

We've been going away a bit lately and each time I seek out a book shop and a coffee shop and park myself. I've ended up with a stack of books in anticipation of finding time to start and finish at least one of them. I can't walk past what I think might be an interesting read and I picture myself sitting quietly somewhere, taking time out to lose myself in a story or maybe lying in bed reading for hours - I think I'm being a bit ambitious in this regard because I only ever stay awake for about 5 minutes once I'm horizontal. I used to read a lot but not so much any more.


Here they are:
Eat, Sleep, Cycle - A bike Ride Around the Coast of Britain
Locked In - One Man's Miraculous Escape form the Terrifying Confines of Locked In Syndrome
The Good Life - (Birthday present from Meg) - Four Glorious Seasons in a Country Garden
My Salinger Year - A year spent working as an assistant to the literary agent for JD Salinger
Salinger - The boy who became a Rebel; the Rebel who became a Soldier; the Soldier who became an Icon; the Icon who Disappeared - author of The Catcher in the Rye
Down Under - The Tune, the Times, the Tragedy
Big Magic - Creative Living Beyond Fear
After This - When Life is Over, Where Do We Go?
The Secretary - A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power
Practical Self Sufficiency - (Birthday present from Drew) - An Australian Guide to Sustainable Living

We're taking a few weeks off over Christmas/New Year - maybe I'll get time then?!

1 comment:

Michaele said...

Oh this makes me so hungry for books! Such excellent choices!