Wednesday, March 18, 2015

We Made It!!

After 24 long hours we've made it to South Africa and our lodge at the game park. Last night's flight left Singapore at 1.30am; again, I had an empty seat on one side. I watched two more movies - Birdman (quirky, a bit dark, well acted) and The Imitation Game (really like this one). That's 4 movies total - more than I usually watch in a whole year.

I managed to fold myself up in the two seats and have a bit of a nap. When I woke up and looked out the window into the dark night I thought, "oh, how cool, there's a big storm happening out there. Look at that lightning; there's so much of it. It's quite regular. Actually it's very regular." Then I realised it wasn't a storm at all - it was the flashing lights on the wings! Then I crawled over Gibbo and went to the toilet and had a moment of panic when I thought I'd locked myself in. Clearly, I need to get out more.

Our bags were the last two to come onto the carousel (of course). Our friends were waiting for us and we drove from Johannesburg, through Pretoria and then on to Bakubung Lodge in Pilanesberg National Park. This is my very first African Animal.




From Reception we could see these elephants having a mid-morning dip.






Maria, Brian and Gibbo.










Our room is in the complex on the left, about a minute's walk from Reception.






I love a big bathtub!

No comments: