Sunday, March 8, 2015

Tickets and Markets

Early in the week we attended the tour group meeting in Bris where we received our tickets and final instructions. In a disappointing development we have had to postpone our departure by 6 days due to issues at work which means that we skip the visit with our South African wagyu breeder friend. We still make it in time for the game park and cricket.


Tuesday morning I visited an orthodontist about a growth on my top gum; it's nothing sinister, just something that has developed from an irritation at some time. It needs to be cut out but I'll leave that until we get back. 

The rest of the week passed in a blur of budgets and shuffling cattle about. 

Footy season kicked off (get it?) which I'm thrilled about! I'm in two tipping competitions, not because I like or follow or know anything about football; I only participate so as not to appear to be too much of a wet blanket. I put my tips in six weeks at a time. I proved last year that you don't need to know anything about football by leading for part of the year and then finishing in the top 8. 

Meg came home for the weekend. We gave the thermomix a bit of a whirl, making the herb and garlic dip, beetroot salad and mango ice cream. We only took one photo!! Drew couldn't believe that!!


This morning we went to the Autumn markets in our "village". We had breakfast there - mushroom burgers and balsamic pulled pork burgers. I forgot to take photos of the markets themselves!!!


No comments: