Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Weekend of My Own

I worked Friday. Saturday morning I stayed in bed, reading blogs and interesting things. I got called to the construction site at the sheep to help with levels and concreting. Ok, but I had plans of my own. I jacked up when I was handed a pair of pliers and told asked to pull an old barb fence down. I had plans of my own. I gardened then pulled a trailer load of weeds. I had plans of my own. Later, I went to town  to shop but was too late for the nursery. I want to buy two blood red geraniums and plant them in terracotta pots and sit them on the steps. I did some 365ing. I had plans of my own.

Today, Sunday, I cooked. I didn't get asked to help today and that was good because I still had plans of my own.

Meagre pickings from the herb garden and the last of the tomatoes for the lunch time quiche.




It looks more like a tossed salad than a quiche!






I gently heated lamb liver and chicken thighs to make up these dishes for the two smallest four leggers. Each container holds a chicken neck, 4 chicken hearts and the chopped liver and thighs. Spoilt or what?








Finally, I made 19 of these; vanilla cupcakes with melted butter and cinnamon sugar; frozen and taken for morning tea at the office.


No comments: