Sunday, June 9, 2013

Misty Rain - a Beautiful Day

The girls were busy this morning, dealing with weeds and vege scraps.


The lettuce is growing despite one plant giving up the ghost and dying from Day 1.


I planted strawberries last week.


Gibbo brought the bobcat home and moved my concrete tubs to the herb site.




He also pulled these old fence posts out of Paddock 11; they'll make good firewood.


This is the "famous" geranium that looks like a rose when the buds and flowers first form. I've only got one plant left from the original feedlot garden; I should propagate some. It's pretty.


Here I am, sitting on my Momma's couch, waiting for my Daddy to come back and get me. He must have forgotten to take me with him; silly Daddy.


I walked up to The Compound to get two buckets of grain to mix with the laying pellets and coarse grain mix down at my chooks. It was misty all the way.


Peppie has slimmed right down and her milk has dried up now that she's weaned The Marauders. Her coat is glossy and looks healthy.




However, she still likes to find a bony knee to hook her horns into and have a good push against.

 Marauder 1.


Marauder 2.


The turkeys are growing.


I planted some snow peas on the little trellis that Gibbo's Mum gave us.




Still waiting for my Dadda.....sigh......



No comments: