Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Out in the Garden

The garden continues to both please and frustrate me. I planted six new honeysuckles to train as ground cover to fill a big gap;
 four new silver foliage plants to replace some ones that didn't make it:
 and two YTT and two ribbon grasses in the front triangle garden.
I've sprayed, fertilised, mulched and watered; it just never ends. I love living here - but sometimes I would just like it if the perimeter fence sucked itself in a couple of feet, making it easier for me to get around to do everything that needs doing in a reasonable time frame.

I'd forgotten there was a lovely rustic wall under the succulent ground cover in this bed. It was uncovered when someone came yesterday and cut it all back for me.
This is my favourite potplant at the moment - a mixture of two plants that I hurriedly stuck in a pot one day because they were tiny and looking sick. I've regularly fertilised it and watered it with a tonic and it looks great. I don't want to move it from its' spot as it seems to do so well in amongst the geraniums and rosemary at the end of the garage.
The beetroot and (seeded) basil are doing well in the double concrete tubs.
This is the end of the house where the bathroom lives.
And here's Princess Coco, helping in the garden.

No comments: