Monday, February 22, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't been around much lately, not as much as I'd like. Life gets busy, work gets in the way and before I know it another week has gone.

I've planted the leafy annuals in the permaculture garden. I haven't moved the chooks on yet as I've had a massive slow down in the available compost so I'll just move them on when I think that what they leave behind will be ready to plant into. The first little vege garden is looking good; the eschallots from the first planting are going great guns and the few carrots that survived have really picked up. I planted the leafy annuals before heading to Brisbane last Monday - lettuce, celery, parsley, basil and silverbeet. I'm due to plant the fruiting veges on Wednesday but I don't really have any room!
Gibbo and I spent three days in Brisbane last week at our company managers conference. Things are looking up in the agric industry and we're hoping that we're turning a few corners and heading in a new and exciting direction. Time will tell. I came home from Brisbane on Wednesday; the kids met me in Toowoomba for Drew's drama workshops; Gibbo stayed down for wagyu board meetings.

On the Tuesday morning, just as we were about to start the days' proceedings, my Mum rang me to say that my Dad was having another one of his heart "events"; the Careflight helicopter was booked for him but had to wait for the rain to clear. In the meantime his doctor from Brisbane rang and gave the hospital some directions re stabilizing him; this worked and the helicopter was cancelled. As it turned out his defribrillator had to kick in between 20 and 30 times to re-set his heart but each time it did, his heart would race again to 200 bpm. If not for that little machine in his chest we may well have lost him last Tuesday; a sobering thought. He's travelling well now and will be one these new tablets for the rest of his life.

On Friday, Gibbo played for QCC against NSW Golden Oldies at Allan Border Field. He was really looking forward to playing and sent photos through of the "incredible" wicket. He scored 41 retired and took a wicket - and won the Man of the Match Award chosen by NSW.

Megan is still home; we're both still loving it. Woofy is especially loving it because she spoils him so much (and because he loves to dress up in her clothes?!). Coco is also loving it, laying on the couch all day watching Austar. Actually, Meg is doing a little bit; she's started her Masters of Justice and is powering through Statistics.

Chris arrives home from Whistler tomorrow; Meg will drive down to pick him up. She's very excited. I guess that means that soon they'll move on and she will be gone once again.

We continue to have beautiful sunsets................
and beautiful food..............................

No comments: