Sunday, July 31, 2016

Catching Up

I seem to write a lot of catching up posts now. I don't blog as much as I used to because a) crappy internet connection and b) my job dictate a) how much access I have for loading photos and b) how brain dead I am at the end of a day of work!

Coco was please to see us home from the cruise. She spent the week at Grandad's with Gundi, sleeping in the bedroom and had her own personal bar heater during the day (it was a very cold week apparently).


Chloe was pleased to see us too! She had to spend the week outside!


Look who moved in while we were away - a stray cat and 5 kittens.


The little pigs, born the night before we left, were down to 7. Billie birthed 13 but 4 were born dead. One died the morning we left; another died the morning we got home.


We decided to keep the stray cat; she's been given a name, Nala, and she's had an operation. We think someone dumped her; she's too quiet and friendly to be a feral.


Drew has been home twice since the cruise, helping around the farm to pay off this year's bull. He and I and Coco went to check the water one cold afternoon.




Drew potted up some plants for me.


A cold and frosty morn usually means a beautiful day; this was no exception.


Weaner 5's are going well.


Nala is an outside cat - except for the night she came home from the vet after her operation; she spent the night in the laundry. Chloe isn't impressed that there's another cat in the family.

1 comment:

Helen said...

A delightful post of your life on the farm.