Monday, October 5, 2015

A Weekend Away

Three weekends ago we escaped the routine and went to the north coast hinterland to relax and regather ourselves; I probably felt the need more than G did. I had booked us in for a night at a little B&B; on the way we called in at a garden festival and after wandering around the town, found a reptile display as we headed back to the car. I love snakes. Especially carpet snakes. I stopped for a while and stroked her, feeling peaceful as I did.






We headed to Maleny where we had lunch. I wandered the streets for a couple of hours while G occupied himself playing poker on his iPad. I spent most of my time in the 3 bookshops where I made a few purchases. The main street was very busy; it has a nice feel to it.




Guess which one is mine!


The local co-op was a very popular place-it was full of eco/organic/natural food/soap/books/everything.




I bought the basket on the right.


Yes, they're real.


This is where we stayed. Quiet. Peaceful. Lovely.














The view from our room - The Loft. It was raining but that didn't matter.












The sitting room.




The breakfast room.




So inviting.


















On the Sunday we took our time leaving. We enjoyed a home made breakfast of tea, coffee, muesli, fresh fruit, yoghurt, little quiches and raspberry friands. We drove up to Mapleton then back to Montville, stopped in at Maleny again then made the trip home. Relaxed and Refreshed. A great birthday weekend.

No comments: