Sunday, August 9, 2015

Still Here

Still at the coast; heading home later tonight.

I went walking today, about 8km all up….trying to get some strength into my legs for next weekend's ride! Not sure it helped; my left hip/hamstring/knee/ankle are all giving me their own little bits of grief. I've been thinking I'm just going to be inspired by Rosemary, who rode 570km in Cycle Qld 2012 on virtually no training! Her attitude got her through; think I'll just keep repeating her name when the going gets tough.

It was a beautiful winter's day down here. Boats on the water, boats on the bank. Men fishing - and catching some!


















I found a shopping centre with a Chinese massage shop open; I thought about getting a hamstring massage but then remembered, and confirmed with Meg, that Chinese massage actually hurts! That's not what I need so I had coffee and cake instead!

I also found an antique fair where I wandered and browsed for ages. I bought these knives. I grew up using bone handled knives; they remind me of my childhood and the kitchen at Greenbank so I bought a set of 6. I also picked up another similar knife for $3 which I'll ask my Dad to sharpen for me. It will be my new best friend in the kitchen.





No comments: