Sunday, January 4, 2015

Storm Rain

Driving home from town on Friday I could see a storm ahead and was sure it was right above the farm. When I turned off onto the gravel road I was kicking up plenty of dust and could see that the big cloud was actually to the north of us. Gibbo was at the front gate, mowing the lawn. I pulled into the garage, took the shopping inside, heard the mower come back - and then the wind and rain started. It bucketed down for ages and a stream formed and ran down the driveway. After it cleared, everything was crystal clear and glowing from the 8.5mls that fell. That night we had another 5mls.








I love the sound and the smell and the feeling that the rain gives and I love this view.














Think we might need to clean the gutters again.

No comments: