Wednesday, December 24, 2014

You Guys Got Me Good

There I was, standing in an electronics shop in Twba, staring at the cameras, thinking about something Gibbo had just said about Drew taking Meg's camera overseas and why doesn't he just buy a small point and shoot one to take. Then a text came from Drew - Morning, how are you? - and I wrote back and said something or other.

Then I looked up across the camera shelf and Drew was standing there, staring back at me! My heart exploded and my brain nearly did too - it took me seconds to compute the how, why, where, what - how did you get here, why are you here, where did you come from, what are you doing, what's going on, how is this possible, you're in Brisbane etc - then I burst into tears.

Over coffee we caught up on the secret planning that had gone into the surprise visit. When Drew was home the week before I may have had a little moment in the pantry where I hid during breakfast, just to shed a few tears that he would soon be leaving and not home for christmas. He decided then that he would come home one more time before he left. So everyone put their heads together and worked out a plan for him to come home for the weekend. His plan was to park down the road and walk up the driveway - but we thwarted that when we decided to go to Twba on Saturday with Meg. So Drew met us there instead! We did a bit of shopping, picked up Granny on the way home and had a lovely time together. It's always a lovely time when we're all together.





Drinks and nibbles on the steps. We have a perfectly good table to sit at but we like the steps.




Well hello.








This used to be my dog. Not any more. She is a one man dog.






Love this photo.


























No comments: