Saturday, May 29, 2010

Smoke on the Horizon

Driving home a couple of weeks ago, Drew and I were baffled by the smoke in the sky. At first I thought it was a low cloud bank, telling us there'd be cold weather the next day but as we watched it, it turned into an enormous smoke cloud - it must have been some big stubble fire wherever it was. Once home, I raced inside and grabbed the camera - when I took the photo direct it was quite dark but if I focussed on the ground in front of me and half pressed the shutter button I picked up the light around me - then when I took the photo of the sun, there was light (a little trick I picked up at the photo course I did last year, one of the few tips I can remember). These are the result - I liked the dark one so much I made it my new banner (obviously hey?).

No comments: