Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's been quite a week...


or ten days or so. Drew was in the Rostrum Voice of Youth Comp; Megan got a full time job in town so will be around for a while yet; Drew decided to have a gap year and head to Canada next year on a student exchange; we went to Gibbo's nieces' wedding in Toowoomba; we spent Mothers Day down there too (the girls went to Highfields for coffee and cake); Drew went to Nitro Circus in Brisbane with Dugald (awesome); Gibbo went south again, to NSW and Victoria, chasing cattle; I went to the chiropractor and feel worse than I did before; Drew and I went to his first drama workshop for this term; Coco went to the vet and was speyed and had her dew claws removed; we had 6 Japanese visitors for lunch on Friday and another six are due on Monday; Chris left us today to move to Brisbane to start his new job on Monday.............and Jessica Watson arrived home today. Follow. Your. Dream.

I'm tracking down birth certificates (Gibbo's has gone missing?!?); applying for passports (Gibbo's has expired) and preparing to pay for the balance of our trip to England.

The permaculture garden is travelling well; we're picking tomatoes and zucchinis and getting lots of eggs.

Life is busy.

Here's a selection of photos taken at the wedding; at Highfields for morning tea and at the camp oven lunch on Mothers Day.





















2 comments:

Fiona said...

Head-spinning, busy times Mare!
Love the Canada exchange-student idea. I regret not travelling before settling down. Had booked myself into a rural exchange program to the States, but love got in the way! (No regrets there!)
Mother's Day feast looked beautiful.
Take care.
Fiona.

Fiona said...

Mare, thanks for your beautiful comments as always. If I could find a follower icon on your blog, I would be there! I don't mind checking in every couple of days though.
Whenever you've been absent for more than a few days, I take it you're busy with work.
I haven't been snooping, but the occasional cap and shirt give away your employers name, and the Wagyu beef also has given some clues.
Quite the Miss Marple aren't I?
I love your blog, your life and your obvious adoration for your beautiful family.
Don't give up blogging anytime soon.
Fiona.