Saturday, September 19, 2009

Deb Ball 2009

It's much easier being the mother of a partner than being the mother of a debutante! No dramas about what to wear (that was easy); no dramas about shoes and how hard they are to walk in (black leather dress shoes); no makeup or false nails; no jewellry (except the ss man bracelet his partner gave him); no trial runs with hair colour, upstyles, downstyles (although he could have done with a trim!) and no hissy fits about anything. Just turn up at the rehearsals, have fun learning to dance, then leave again.

Here he is on the page with his two biggest fans - his mother and his grandmother. It was a really happy night and everyone enjoyed the occasion. He was once a page boy, 7 or 8 years ago now; he looovved it then and I remember him saying to me at the time - "I hope someone asks me to be their partner when I'm older". I hoped so too, for his sake. As it turned out we needn't have worried - he was asked several times.

No comments: