Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Party...The Week Leading Up To

I took the week off work leading up to the party. There was still a lot to do. I made and froze 67 medium patty cakes and 105 baby ones. On the Friday I defrosted them and began icing them.

Gibbo went to Brisbane on the Wednesday and picked up Megan and the alcohol; too much as it turned out. Way too much.
Drew took the Friday off school and helped by getting up a tree and cutting branches. The musical is pretty well all consuming so he had a mental health day at home. He had rehearsals all weekend - I was in and out of town like a yo-yo, dropping him off and picking him up.
Mum was a huge help; it was good to get her opinion and hear her thoughts on a lot of things and she was a big help with the dress as she confirmed or otherwise the direction I headed with it (no instructions).
I sanded and varnished the walls on the western side of the house, where the bore water from the sprinklers and the sun damage the wood. Megan finished off the last coat of three varnishes.
Ken and Des and Chris and Ally arrived Friday night; Mum stayed too. More hands on deck for tomorrow.

No comments: