Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Party...Leading Up To the Big Day

The weekend before the party, the Tarcoola Street boys came out and mulched the gardens on three sides of the yard, cleaned out the gutters and split wood. We paid them with an fl tour, thai chicken mince balls and some good wagyu steak. Their help saved me days and days in the garden.
There was more experimenting with icings - I think we finally found the right one!

Megan likes to compartmentalise the food on her plate - she doesn't like it touching. Hmmm.

I repotted some beautiful bright yellow chrysanthemums into glossy black glazed pots.

I started on THE DRESS - the pattern finally arrived in my hands and I started sewing. It was about two-thirds finished by the Sunday night. There's still no fringeing or zip on site yet.

No comments: