Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Party...The Night Of

Megan in the dress that was finished the day before...

Pam and Viv

The Gibbs Family

The Cousins...

Desley and Mum

After all the planning, organising and setting up - it was all over in a matter of hours. It went so quickly. Desley was a huge help in getting the entree up and running; Andrew D ran the feeding of the hordes. I just seemed to stand around a lot. People ate, we had the speeches, Megan played the slideshow and the rest is a bit of a blur (not due to alcohol consumption - it just seemed to go). At midnight Mum and I served a cob loaf and about 35 cups of pumpkin soup and I crawled into bed at 1-30am. I dragged Drew inside at 1-00am to get him out of the cold night air in an attempt to preserve his throat for rehearsal at 9am.

And.......in the end, there's not that many photos of the actual night. We didn't cut the cake (it was just too beautiful) but nearly all the patty cakes disappeared. The only photo of the four of us together is one taken on Ben's camera, when we brought the cake out to show everyone. I haven't seen it yet. I don't even really have a great photo of Megan on her own, one that could be her 21st photo. I can't believe that - especially as I love to take photos and document events.

No comments: