Saturday, June 27, 2009

Relishing a Quiet Day

I'm having a really quiet day today; catching up on my blogging at long last, reading the paper and sitting on the couch in front of the heater with the cat, watching mindless tv. I need a day like today; no rushing or planning or having to be somewhere.

Megan drove home this morning, arriving about 7am. She had planned on coming last night but it had been raining all day and was pouring last night when I took Drew to the movies so I insisted that she leave the travel until this morning. Now she and Chris have gone to the movies to see Transformers II and have taken Drew with them. He stayed in town last night.

Gibbo is still away down south. Today he's attending the national wyandotte show - and just sent me a text message that implies he's made several expensive purchases. He sent me a photo this morning of some beautiful white silkies that he bought yesterday for me, from a line we've been trying to establish here for a while through artificial insemination - a charming exercise in reproduction in poultry - there's a fair amount of "hands on" involved. I sent him some photos of the silver laced and creele wyandottes that hatched on Wednesday.

I took my time doing the jobs this morning; the air was crisp and water dripped from the trees. It was quite magical. Now I'm heading for a cup of tea and back to the couch.

No comments: