Monday, March 30, 2009

Update

We've been back from Tasmania for a week already; last week disappeared as quickly as the rest! I went to my website design course on Tuesday and picked up an extra lesson on Wednesday night - the course finishes tomorrow so I needed to get a few extra hours in.

I rode on Saturday morning, around 20km. It was very windy, so was invigorating. Then Gibbo and I went to Brisbane for the Reds game at Suncorp in the work box. I wasn't allowed to take my book. I don't know why I go. I sit there, not really following the game, listening to the banter going on around me and watching the clock make its' way to 40mins and then to 80 mins. Sometimes I think it's never going to get there and then I'll be stuck watching football for the rest of my life. What a thought. On Saturday night the clock got to 58 minutes and I thought, ugh there's still 22 minutes to go. A man two boxes up was mildly amusing; he was furious with the Reds and the ref, and he let them know. I sound a bit ungrateful as there's plenty of people who would love to go to the footy and watch the game from up high; but it's not really my thing. I like going to the test matches just to listen to the crowd sing the national anthem and then Waltzing Matilda - but once I've had a little emotional cry over all that, I'm ready to leave. If I had a book, I'd be happy.............

We stayed the night with Megan and I went for a quick walk along the river the next morning and met up with Gibbo, Meg and Chris at the Coffee Club at Milton. We were home by lunchtime.

No comments: