Friday, March 13, 2009

Time Flies

Another week is nearly over – where do they go when they’re done? The days fly by and I get nothing done (well it feels that way). The garden needs work (doesn’t it always) and I hope to get into it this weekend. I want to put out some dynamic lifter and plant a few new shrubs around the place. Meg’s 21st is on at the end of May so I want to have it all looking nice for that. We just had a new sprinkler system controller installed after the last one gave up the ghost two weeks ago. Now at least, all 18 stations work automatically, instead of three having to be switched on manually. Somehow I manage to keep on top of everything but only just although Doug told me that he thinks the garden is looking good, especially the top corner. That’s probably the thickest and wildest part of the garden; my favourite part at the moment is the western corner near the driveway grid. There’s some especially striking Goldmine duranta planted there; they really stand out and there’s quite a mix of ferns and cordylines too; plus I need to mulch and trim and tidy up – the list is endless.

I’m trying to finish my book, one I’m really enjoying. It’s the second book by the same author and it fills me with a wanderlust and a hankering for a different lifestyle, even if it’s just for a couple of months. Thoughts like that can be dangerous though, so I try not to entertain them too often. Be careful what you wish for – you just might get it.

I came home this afternoon and made 36 patty cakes for a school fundraiser tomorrow. The boys went off to Thursday night tennis.
I want to try to post a blog every day for a week and see what I come up with – even if I write something down every night and post the results once a week. I want to blog more often but by choosing to do it undercover, it’s not that easy.

No comments: